100% OF THE GOAL WAS REACHED!!
Hello to everyone.
Back in January, I posted a ChipIn! on my website and after just a couple of days, I removed it because I received a promise of assistance which, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, did not materialize. Since then, I have been trying to raise enough money to keep New Moon Farm going in 2012. Dave's cancer treatments pretty much ate up our savings and there was no life insurance, so the assets I was left with were minimal. Now those resources are nearly completely gone. Since my little business is seasonal, I have been without much, if any, income for the last 5 months (I have had no luck finding a job to fill in the gaps) so I don't have the capital to get started for 2012. I am running out of time to get things started for the spring growing season, which will be a huge setback for me. Being a widow left with very few resources, I don't have much choice left except to ask my friends and neighbors for a little help. Several people have already stepped up and I am eternally grateful to those folks, but I am still coming up short for what I need. If I don't make the season this year, New Moon Farm will cease to exist I am afraid.
Even $5, if enough people chipped that in, would add up and it would help in so many ways. It is very easy to click on the ChipIn! button and follow the steps.
(There is no fee and you don't even have to have a PayPal account yourself, you can make a contribution as a guest. If you want to contribute via direct mail, you can email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the address. If you want to help out and want to send your contribution by mail, email email@example.com for address. Thanks!)
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
- Greenhouse Plastic $150....GOT THE GREENHOUSE COVERED! THANKS, KEITH!
- Shade cloth $85-100...GOT IT MADE IN THE SHADE! THANKS, JANET
- 4 New 75-100 foot hoses...$100 SO ROLL OUT THE HOSES! THANKS, JETTY!
- 2 New sprinklers $50...THANKS AGAIN, JETTY!
- Small garden tiller ** I think I can find one that will suit my needs for around $125-150 A very generous person has offered me a tiller! Thanks, Craig!
Thanks to the other contributors so far, I am on my way on fulfilling the rest of the list, too! As of February 28, 2012, I am a third of the way to my goal of raising $1000.00 and there is another month to go! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your generous contributions will go toward the following:
- Potting shed supplies (containers, trays, etc) Plug trays, inserts, etc. $150-200 for the entire season
- Wood to build 4 additional raised beds $120
- 6-8 additional fencing panels for trellises and fencing $180
- 5-6 Rolls of fencing wire $175-200
- 15 bags (minimum) Fafard Organic Potting Soil or a good organic soil that meets NOP requirements. $225.00
- Topsoil to fill beds (1 cubic yard of soil will fill 50 sq feet to a depth of 6 inches...this is the min. depth I can use.
(Quality topsoil is $45/Cu Yd plus delivery and I need 6-8 cubic yards minimum I have 4 beds now and want to add min 4 more $300-380)