About me...

Because this journey is intensely personal, there will be times when my posts will be about more than just rebuilding the physical aspects of my life. They may be random and sometimes I think they may not even make sense to some. But whatever I post here will be as honest as I can make it, no punches pulled, telling it like it it. I hope that I can share some insight with others who might be going through a similar transitory period in their own lives. With luck and perseverence I know I will eventually successful in my new life. I have very high hopes for all of this but then I had those when Dave was alive, too. I am naturally a pretty optomistic person, I think.

Welcome to my new blog...


Hello and welcome to my new blog about life at New Moon Farm.
Since so many "interesting" things happen at the Farm, I thought that it
might be fun to share them with you in a format other than via email.

I gave this a lot of consideration before I decided how I wanted to do this and
the best idea I came up with was to treat this blog like a daily diary, although I seriously
doubt that I will have time to post daily, but I will try.

And so that is what you will see here. Like life on the farm, some days will
be filled with boring "I did this and I did that today..." entries, but some days
things will get a lot more exciting and I will be posting things like "One of our hens is 15 feet up in an old oak tree, laying eggs....". Probably the best days will be the ones where I am in the kitchen and sharing recipes and other useful tidbits of information.

So...with that said, I am officially launching this blog.....maybe we can all learn something along the way and have some fun.