About me...

Because this journey is intensely personal, there will be times when my posts will be about more than just rebuilding the physical aspects of my life. They may be random and sometimes I think they may not even make sense to some. But whatever I post here will be as honest as I can make it, no punches pulled, telling it like it it. I hope that I can share some insight with others who might be going through a similar transitory period in their own lives. With luck and perseverence I know I will eventually successful in my new life. I have very high hopes for all of this but then I had those when Dave was alive, too. I am naturally a pretty optomistic person, I think.

Dirt Delayed, yet again....

Well, the dirt didn't come last week.  No biggie, I actually didn't want it to come because there was a big thunderstorm the afternoon before the delivery day and I didn't want all that dirt coming in soggy.  Probably would not have been that big of a deal, since it is already in a big, wet pile where it coming from and turning it over would probably have helped it dry out faster. But, I know me and I know that I would have been out there shoveling it as soon as the truck left and wet, soggy dirt is a lot heavier than dry dirt, so I called and said don't bring it until next Thursday. I know that there is a possibility of another big storm blasting through, but I am willing to take the chance that is will not.  If I am wrong, so be it. Maybe the delay will bring a little cooler weather when I do finally get to start shoveling.