About me...

Because this journey is intensely personal, there will be times when my posts will be about more than just rebuilding the physical aspects of my life. They may be random and sometimes I think they may not even make sense to some. But whatever I post here will be as honest as I can make it, no punches pulled, telling it like it it. I hope that I can share some insight with others who might be going through a similar transitory period in their own lives. With luck and perseverence I know I will eventually successful in my new life. I have very high hopes for all of this but then I had those when Dave was alive, too. I am naturally a pretty optomistic person, I think.

Oh my!  I just looked at the last time I posted something here.  It has been like 6 weeks.  I have to admit that there is nothing much going on right now. I have had to postpone my readying of the raised beds due to lack of fundage.  That is something that is not easy to overcome, so I am just hanging in, putting it out to the Universe that I need a miracle to happen.  That was a veiled reference to the Grateful Dead for the uninitiated. Actually, I am waiting on some funds from the state of NC from Dave's estate....waiting, and waiting, and waiting......

Anyway, I have a new food blog, The Artful Omnivore, which I have been putting a whole lot of work into. I am basically moving my recipe index from my old website over to that one, plus a whole lot more information.  It is turning out to be quite a nice diversion, while I am waiting to get started on the beds.